Our multi-disciplinary Consumer Goods & Retail group is highly experienced in dealing with the legal and commercial issues facing both multinational and domestic retailers and consumer goods manufacturers and suppliers.
With detailed knowledge of the distinctive and continually changing commercial, competitive and compliance pressures and commercial drivers shaping the sector in Greece, our team is ideally placed to help clients meet these challenges and achieve their strategic objectives.
We support clients in all key areas of their business, from strategic growth and divestments to international brand management, intellectual property, competition, commercial relationships and regulatory compliance.
We regularly provide advice to global companies on the implementation of strategies such as local expansion, distribution agreements, licensing, relocation and restructuring, and on operational and day-to-day issues affecting their businesses in Greece.
Our experience includes advising on:
- mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- ongoing commercial relationships
- economic regulations
- multi-jurisdictional and domestic competition/antitrust issues
- international brand management and IP issues
- franchising and licensing arrangements
- consumer finance, including credit sale, outsourcing, store-cards and credit cards
- IT procurement, ecommerce and home-shopping arrangements
- logistics, distribution, packaging, manufacturing and transitional service arrangements
- domestic and international product liability and safety issues affecting manufacturers, importers and retailers
- corporate law and corporate governance
- real estate matters
- dispute resolution solutions, often in the context of ongoing commercial relationships and, when required, litigation, arbitration and mediation
- employment, pensions and benefits
- environmental issues
- public policy