Welcome to Lambadarios Law Firm, a leading Athens-based legal practice with a reputation for tackling complex and challenging work.
Founded in 1863 and now under the stewardship of managing partner Constantinos Lambadarios, we have evolved from a family firm into a thoroughly modern, international practice with a dynamic, problem-solving mindset, while retaining the traditional qualities of respect, integrity and personal service.
With a number of top-ranked partners and a highly skilled team of lawyers, we are recognized as one of the leading Greek firms in all of our key practices – M&A, Banking & Finance, Project Finance, Ligation & Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, Energy, Capital Markets, and TMT and Intellectual Property in Greece. Within these fields, we have advised on many of the most significant transactions and commercial developments in Greece’s recent past, from privatizations of state-owned utilities and major energy and infrastructure projects to cases involving emerging internet law and anti-trust actions.
To operate at the leading edge of our profession, enjoying the special trust of important clients and the recognition of our peers, while offering joy to the members of our team.
We are very proud of our long history and heritage. It takes a special set of individuals, a strong culture and a clear vision to stay at the top end of the market for more than 150 years. Over that time, we have learned what kinds of behaviors work and deliver greatest value.
But we are not complacent. The legal market in Greece continues to face new challenges and to evolve rapidly, particularly with regards to the issues generated by the proliferation of digital media and new forms of intellectual property. At Lambadarios, we embrace this change and innovation, and constantly seek new and better ways to help our clients achieve their goals.
In doing this, we are guided by a set of values or principles that have evolved over many years and which have proved to benefit our clients, strengthen our firm, and bring reward to our work as lawyers. These values are non-negotiable – they define who we are and how we behave:
Lambadarios Law Firm was founded in 1863 by Constantine Lambadarios.
Since then the firm has grown and flourished under successive generations of family leadership including Constantine and Basil Lambadarios, and Nondas and Dimitri Lambadarios. Today, under managing partner Constantinos Lambadarios, it is widely recognized as one of the leading commercial firms in Athens, supporting major domestic and international clients in the landmark deals and projects that are reshaping Greece as a vibrant, stable, modern economy.
To read more about how our firm’s history intertwines with the history of modern-day Greece, read our company memoir, a document produced to celebrate our 150th anniversary.
Lambadarios is proud to sponsor the Epaminondas Lambadarios Geneva LLM MIDS Scholarship.
Launched in 2019, the scholarship is designed to provide a unique opportunity for Greek-graduates aspiring to a career in international dispute management to study at one of the world’s leading centers of excellence in international disputes.
The scholarship provides support for a graduate from a Greek university to study at Geneva LLM’s Centre for International Dispute Settlement (CIDS) on its renowned MIDS LLM study program.
To be eligible you must have graduated from a Greek University and have been accepted onto the MIDS study program. Further selection is based on social and academic criteria, assessed by a selection committee chaired by Dr. Anastasios Gourgourinis, lecturer of Public International Law at Athens University, Alexander Fessas, Secretary General of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, Dr. Alexander Metallinos, and Dr. George Panopoulos, partner at Lambadarios Law Firm. The Scholarship will partially cover your tuition and living expenses.
For more information visit:
“United for respect, inclusion, and equal opportunities. Our people make us who we are.” Constantinos Lambadarios
At LLF we hold Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) amongst our core values. Our vision has always been to create a working environment that brings joy to all team members based on respect.
We do not tolerate discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation or identity, race, religion, or national or ethnic origin. To live our values, LLF provides a supportive and inclusive workplace where each lawyer and staff member is valued and has equal opportunity to succeed. We are seeking to align ourselves with vendors and suppliers that share our values.
Partner Katerina Malanou, as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, spearheads our strategy and initiatives to address the needs of all attorneys, staff and recruits. We are committed to strengthening our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion by recruiting and developing attorneys in accordance with this goal.
How we contribute to DEI within our community
As well as commitment and action within our firm, we have taken a number of steps to promote DEI in the wider community:
– we have signed the Diversity Charter Greece, a commitment to implementing equal opportunities and diversity in our working environment.
– we participate in educational programs, such as the “Embracive Diversity and Fostering Inclusion” an EU program that aims to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
– we raise funds for and join outstanding volunteer initiatives such as Desmos, Children’s Smile, Melissa Network of Migrant Women in Greece, Hellenic Red Cross, Boroume, Social Kitchen “The Other Human”, Old Bookshop for the Homeless, and iSea.
Our internal DEI procedures
We foster an open work environment that accommodates participation for everyone. We make sure that despite our different characteristics, we are all empowered to express our opinions and access equal development opportunities. In fact, our difference is the key to our strength as a team: we recognize and leverage our differences – , not only in gender, age, etc., but also in skill, talent, and ways of thinking. This is what we are all about.
We respect and accept our differences, listen to different opinions, value them, and embrace them. These differences in perspective, skills, talent, and potential move us forward, make us more creative, and drive innovation.
Our commitment to the principles of DEI is reflected in our actions:
– we have appointed a DEI officer to address the needs of all attorneys, staff, and recruits.
– we recruit without regard to gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital status, race, color, nationality, gender identity, ethnicity or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
– we empower and support women in law. As of 2023, women comprise 70% of LLF’s workforce. Moreover, we offer a four-day working week for one year for new mothers, including for women who have children through surrogacy or adoption.
– we participate in educational programs that contribute to team bonding and are linked to our company’s DEI objectives. These include Google’s “I am Remarkable” Program; a presentation/open discussion on “Legal Profession and Disability”; and, a two-hour program for International Women’s Day, presented by the Lean In organization, that empowers women and helps them achieve their ambitions and goals in both personal and work life as well as a guided tour at the Basil & Elise Goulandri Foundation.
– we provide equal career development opportunities through our Company’s Performance Management Process, which ensures equal opportunities for growth in the company for our associates, based on merit and without discrimination. We also actively promote DEI values and LLF good practices through one-to-one meetings with each new member upon joining our team.
– we promote work-life balance by implementing practices such as a hybrid work model for our associates. We have invested in secure, up-to-date technology to support more flexible ways of working.
– we follow up on our DEI activity through questionnaires distributed during our annual employee satisfaction survey. The questionnaires are about diversity, meritocracy, inclusion, and work-life balance, and we use them to assess, re-evaluate, and adjust, if necessary, the company’s procedures and practices.
Talk to a member of our team
If you have a query about any of our services, or just want to find out more, please get in touch.